Browse John Wiley & Sons
- First published in 1984, Lee Bolman and Terrence Deals best-selling book has become a classic in the field. Its four-frame model examines organizations as factories, families, jungles, and theaters or temples.
- Personal Finance for Dummies offers sound and practical advice for those who want to get control over their personal financial lives. Author Eric Tyson points out the most common mistakes that we all make in our approach to money and prescribes ways to save and invest for a secure future. Using worksheets, the book helps you to measure your own financial health by looking at factors such as how much debt you carry, your savings rate, as well as investment and insurance checkups. The book looks at how you should invest your retirement account, approach taxes, and provides a good overview on how to buy real estate. -
- Investing for Dummies is a good, all-around investment guide for the rest of us. Author Eric Tyson covers all aspects of investing, from stocks and bonds to real estate and collectibles. Tyson points readers towards investments that actually work and raises warning flags about strategies you should avoid. The book also considers whether starting and running your business can be a good investment option. If you're looking for a good place to start building a secure financial future, this is it.
- Want to build responsibly, reduce waste, and help preserve the environment? Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies is your friendly, step-by-step guide to every facet of this Earth-friendly method of construction. Building a home?even a green home?uses plenty of resources and energy. This practical, hands-on book shows you how to build or remodel conscientiously, whether your dream home is a simple remodel or a brand-new multimillion-dollar mansion.
- The war story that needs to be told: a Washington Post reporter follows five courageous National Guard soldiers as they deploy to Iraq, survive combat, and come home to pick up the pieces
The Iraq War radically transformed the typical “one weekend a month, two weeks a year” commitment of many National Guard soldiers around the country into lengthy, grueling tours of duty in Iraq. Little has been written about the tens of thousands of guardsmen and women sent to Iraq and the unique challenges these citizen-soldiers have faced in serving their country–and then coming home to the civilian world. Washington Post reporter Christian Davenport was embedded with the Virginia National Guard's 2-224th Aviation Regiment and witnessed the hardship and heroism of its members firsthand, from their sudden call-up, through their return from overseas, to new battles faced on the home front as they struggle to rebuild their lives after the war. He tells the story of five of these remarkable soldiers–a teacher, a 50-something Vietnam vet, a sorority-girl-turned-door-gunner, a born leader, and a young woman unable to find her place in the world. By continuing to follow these soldiers, and their families, for more than a year after their tour, Davenport chronicles the difficulties they face returning home: lost jobs, financial woes, and the inability to relate to a society that has never been so divorced from the war its country was fighting. Depicting these soldiers as heroes, not victims, As You Were reveals a hidden dimension of the war, and provides an intimate look at the patriotism and courage that inspire those who have fought in it–and the rest of us as well.
Christian Davenport (Washington, DC) is a reporter for the Washington Post. He was embedded with the Virginia National Guard's 2-224th Regiment, and his work covering the military helped uncover some of the iconic photographs of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal.
- Master the art of computer animation and visual effects production with the latest edition of this cutting-edge guide
This remarkable edition of The Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects offers clear, step-by-step guidelines for the entire process of creating aa fully rendered 3D computer animation. With up-to-date coverage of the latest computer animation styles and techniques, this versatile guide provides insightful information for creating animations and visual effects—from creative development and preproduction to finished animation.
Designed to work with any computer platform, this Fourth Edition cuts through technical jargon and presents numerous easy-to-understand instructivediagrams. Full-color examples are presented—including VFX and animated feature movies, games, and TV commercials—by such leading companies as Blue Sky, Blur, BUF, Disney, DreamWorks, Electronic Arts, Framestore, ILM, Imagi, Microsoft, Mac Guff, The Mill, Menfond, Pixar, Polygon, Rhythm & Hues, Sony Imageworks, Tippett, Ubisoft, and Weta, and many other studios and groundbreaking independent artists from around the world.
This fully revised edition features new material on the latest visual effects techniques, a useful update of the traditional principles of animation, practical information on creative development, multiple production pipeline ideas for shorts and visual effects, plus updated information on current production trends and techniques in animation, rendering, modeling, rigging, and compositing.
Whether you are a student, an independent artist or creator, or a production company team member, The Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects, Fourth Edition gives you a broad palette of tips and techniques for bringing your visions to life through 3D computer animation.
- How to maintain a strong marriage no matter what comes your way
Now more than ever, couples are facing tough times that can impact on even the strongest of marriages. In In Good Times and Bad, family counselor and relationships expert M. Gary Neuman and his wife, Melisa, take a look at one of the biggest issues couples face, money management, and give you the tools you need to deal with whatever financial challenges come your way. The Neumans explain why it's so important to talk about money in your marriage and offer strategies on how to discuss this often avoided topic. No matter what your age or how long you've been together, In Good Times and Bad will teach you how to come together when it matters most.
* Learn what money means to you and how to strengthen your marriage even during challenging times
* Includes strategies for dealing with other tough times such as grieving or serious illness
* From the author of the New York Times bestseller The Truth about Cheating
In Good Times and Bad is the tool you need to ensure your relationship remains strong through all of life's ups and downs.
- Fashion For Dummies takes the guess out of dress, giving you the confidence and know-how you need to dress for every occasion. This full-color guide is packed with tips on creating a confusion-free wardrobe that works with your body type and personal style, as well as navigating the worlds of color, pattern, and texture.
Today's changing economic climate, marked by an increasingly competitive global environment, is driving project managers to become more business oriented. Projects must now be viewed from a strategic perspective within the context of a business or enterprise that needs to provide value to both the customer and the organization itself. As a result, project managers are now required to possess the skills to complete a project within certain specifications, and also know how to create and deliver value....
- Illustrated History of Landscape Design provides an overview of landscape design, including the iconic spaces throughout the centuries, starting from landscapes in prehistory to current trends in landscape design.